Liz specialises in both employment and business immigration law and is experienced in advising clients on a broad range of workplace issues. Liz is also part of the education law team and advises schools, colleges and associations on all aspects of education law.
Liz’s work is varied but she always strives to give the most practical and commercial advice and solutions. Examples of the types of areas in which she advises include:
- Advising employers on employment issues including drafting employment contracts and staff policies, handling reorganisations and redundancies including handling senior exits, managing employment relations issues from sickness absence to flexible working requests and advising on employment disputes, including carrying out her own advocacy at the Employment Tribunal.
- Advising employers on all aspects of immigration law, from checking right to work to obtaining sponsor licences and work visas for their staff.
- Advising individuals on issues and disputes with their employers, including advising on settlement agreements, as well as assisting individuals with obtaining UK visas to enable them to live and work in the UK.
- Advising schools and sixth form colleges on employment, immigration and education issues, as well as advising individuals working in the education sector to assist them in resolving their workplace issues.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Qualified in October 2011
- Specialist in Employment Law since 2011
- Specialist in Immigration Law since 2011
- Specialist in Education Law since 2016
Employment Lawyers Association (ELA)
Education Law Association (ELAS)
Immigration Law Practitioners' Association (ILPA)