Simon is an expert in education and employment law. Simon has over 15 years’ experience advising schools, colleges, associations and individuals on all aspects of education law, including employment and safeguarding matters.
As a governor, Simon understands the needs and pressures faced in the education sector. Simon and his team advise on all aspects of education law. Simon is currently dealing with academy conversions and providing employment law support to schools and colleges, including advice on restructuring, grievances and long term sick leave.
Simon has developed an expertise in regulatory issues and regularly advises clients on safeguarding and pastoral care matters
He also has substantial experience advising clients on all aspects of employment law. Simon is well known for his expertise in employment litigation and appeared as an advocate at the Supreme Court in the education case of Duncombe v. DCSF
Simon also advises professors, members of the SMT and teachers on employment matters
Recent work includes:
- Advising a college on a dispute arising out of a sponsorship arrangement
- Advising an independent school on safer recruitment, including delivering bespoke training to the SMT
- Advising a MAT on the termination of a director
- Advising a college on a restructuring
- Advising an independent school on a merger
- Advising a college on the acquisition of two sites
Simon has written for a number of publications including the Law Society Gazette, the Lawyer, the New Law Journal, Education Today and The Times.
“Very easy to deal with, very knowledgeable."
”Appreciated for his calm, learned professional approach”
Chambers & Partners Guide 2015
“An excellent communicator.”
Legal 500 Guide 2014
- Education Lawyers Association
- Employment Lawyers Association
- European Employment Lawyers Association