Redundancies & Restructures
Strategy and advice
To meet our team of Employment lawyers please click here.
It’s an unfortunate fact that redundancy and reorganisation situations have become more frequent in recent years.
As well as being difficult for all those involved, redundancy can be a legal minefield. So it’s essential employers follow the correct procedures to minimise disruption, protect their reputation, and minimise the risk of claims.
Our team has extensive experience advising employers on redundancy situations. We’re particularly experienced at managing multiple redundancy scenarios and issues in the context of reorganisations and TUPE transfers.
We can advise you on -
- Planning and implementing a restructure
- Whether there is a redundancy situation
- Effective strategies for making redundancies
- Formulating selection matrixes
- Collective consultation
- Electing employee representatives
- When to notify the BIS
- Redundancy payments and bonuses
- Settlement agreements
Examples of our recent work include -
- Advising a national client on a large-scale redundancy programme across the UK – including Scotland.
- Advising a client in negotiations with staff council on various issues during a series of collective redundancy exercises.
- Advising on setting up and running employee consultation forums, including drafting terms of reference for employee representative forums.
- Consulting with Trade Unions on wage changes, reduction in employee numbers, redundancy practices, and site closures.
- Advising an employer on more than 100 redundancies following the acquisition and integration of a business.
To see our Covid-19 resources please click here, for webinars and podcasts for HR and In-house Legal please click here.
And to see and to see Live Q&A on Redundancies and the Consultation Process please see below.