Adam is a Solicitor in our Reading office. He specialises in contentious and non-contentious employment law acting for both employers and individuals. Adam trained in the Thames Valley and worked at another specialist employment law firm prior to joining Doyle Clayton in November 2017.
Adam provides strategic and reactive advice to a wide variety of employers, ranging from blue chip companies, through to smaller organisations, charities and the public sector. Areas in which Adam advises are:
- Protective measures, such as drafting employment contacts and workplace policies.
- Day to day HR advice, in particular on the running of redundancy, capability, disciplinary and grievance processes as well as advising on other common problem areas such as "family friendly" rights and employer data protection obligations.
- Managing contentious scenarios, such as negotiating terms of exit, defending litigation brought by former employees and enforcing post-termination restrictions.
- Providing support to corporate transactions, for example by advising on the applicability and implications of TUPE and undertaking the employment aspects of due diligence.
Adam’s work for individuals includes acting for employees, directors, partners and consultants. This typically includes:
- Providing advice prior to entry into an employment contract, consultancy agreement or partnership arrangement.
- Negotiating terms of exit.
- Pursuing litigation against a former employer in the Employment Tribunal, County Court or High Court.
- Defending alleged breaches of post termination restrictions, fiduciary obligations and/or misuse of confidential information.
Experience and qualifications -
- Qualified in September 2014
- Specialist in Employment Law since 2014