Al is a solicitor based in our Reading office, specialising in business immigration and employment law.
An experienced solicitor, Al advises both organisations and individuals on employment as well as business immigration law and related issues.
Employment areas he specialises in include workplace grievances, settlement agreements, employment contracts and staff handbooks. He has a particular expertise in advocacy and dealing with employment litigation, and regularly advises on all stages of workplace disputes for claimants as well as respondents. Recent work includes:
- Reviewing and updating workplace policies for a GP surgery to include updated data protection provisions in light of the introduction of the General Data Protection Regulations
- Drafting particulars of claim in a constructive dismissal and disability discrimination claim
- Assisting with a complicated claim for sexual orientation and gender reassignment discrimination, raising interesting legal arguments about whether identifying as non-binary should become a protected characteristic under the Equality Act 2010
- Undertaking ACAS conciliation and without prejudice negotiations on behalf of clients to try and settle matters outside the Employment Tribunal
- Drafting Consultancy Agreements and Directors Service Contracts
On the business immigration front, Al advises corporate clients on Tier 2 and Tier 4 applications as well individuals regarding their immigration status and the available immigration routes open to themselves and their families.
Prior to joining Doyle Clayton in 2019, Al qualified at regional law firm Brethertons and worked at Knights in Oxfordshire.
Experience and qualifications
- Qualified in April 2019
- Specialist in employment law since 2018
- Immigration Law Practitioners’ Association (ILPA)
- Employment Lawyers Association (ELA)
- Junior Lawyers Division Berks, Bucks and Oxon (JLD)
- Oxford Young Professionals Society (OYPS)
Al has a good working knowledge of French and conversational Italian.