Al specialises in advising organisations and individuals on both business immigration and employment law issues. He is based in the firm's Reading office.
Al works with both organisations and individuals advising them on business immigration and employment law and related issues.
Employment specialisms include workplace disputes and in particular complex and high-value discrimination, unfair dismissal, employment status, equal pay, TUPE, and whistleblowing claims. He also advises on employment contracts and staff handbooks..
Recent work includes -
- Reviewing and updating workplace policies for a GP surgery including updated data protection provisions re General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Managing a complicated claim for sexual orientation and gender reassignment discrimination
- Advising on claims for equal pay and sexual discrimination
- Undertaking ACAS conciliation and without prejudice negotiations on behalf of clients settling outside the Employment Tribunal
- Drafting employment contracts, workplace policies, staff handbooks, consultancy agreements and directors’ service contracts
Business immigration wise, Al advises on a wide range of issues with recent work including -
- Tier 2 (ICT) and (General) applications for leave to enter and leave to remain
- PBS Dependant applications
- Complex applications for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR)
- Visitor visa queries
- Sponsor licence applications and compliance
Prior to joining Doyle Clayton, he worked at regional law firm Brethertons and at Knights in Oxfordshire.
Experience and qualifications -
- Qualified in April 2019
- Specialist in employment and immigration law since 2018
- Immigration Law Practitioners Association (ILPA)
- Employment Lawyers Association (ELA)
- Junior Lawyers Division Berks, Bucks and Oxon (JLD)
Al has a good working knowledge of French and is conversational in Italian.