Liz has over 12 years’ experience in advising companies and individuals on all aspects of corporate law, from advising on company constitutions and corporate governance matters, to group reorganisations and share and business disposals and acquisitions.
Liz has acted for a broad range of clients, both individual and corporate (with a particular focus on private limited companies), on all manner of company law matters, including drafting and advising on the terms of shareholders’ agreements and company articles of association, changes to share capital, corporate group structures and share and business/ asset sales and purchases. She has a particular interest in group reorganisations and solvent restructurings, as well as working with clients in the educational and charity sectors.
Liz works closely with her clients to understand their businesses and their long term strategic goals, representing their interests with practical and commercial advice.
Liz’s recent work includes:
- Drafting various shareholder and joint venture agreements;
- Drafting articles of association for the creation of tax-efficient family investment companies (FICs);
- Advising on the purchase of an independent cinema & café bar operator;
- Advising on the reorganisation of an independent secondary education college, including changes to the share structure, the creation of a group structure, the transfer of assets within the group, and ending with the onward sale of the trading company;
Liz joined Doyle Clayton in September 2017 having previously worked at a large, regional heavyweight, firm in Kent.
Liz was named as an "Associate to watch".
Chambers & Partners Guide 2012, 2013 and 2014
Experience and Qualifications:
- Qualified in October 2005
- Specialist in Corporate law since 2005