Selling your business - what to expect
Liz Barton, Head of Doyle Clayton's Corporate team and Roger Holman, Tax Advisor at Mark Davies & Associates talk about selling a business. For many people this may only happen once in their lifetime and may involve a large amount of money so it's essential to get it right. Liz and Roger talk about what can be expected and the pitfalls to look out for.
Areas covered include :
- What the sales process involves
- Due diligence and non-disclosure agreements
- Sale agreements including warranties
- Disclosure letters
- Other essential documents
The webinar covers companies only as its the most common situation we advise on.
Interested in a particular area? Find the answer easily without watching the whole webinar (times are approx)
1. Minutes 0 - 1:00. Intro
2. Minutes 1 - 2:00. The first thing to ask when selling a business
3. Minutes 2 - 8:00. The difference between a company/share sale and business/asset sale
4. Minutes 8 - 11:00. What does the sale process involve?
5. Minutes 11 - 17:30. What is due diligence?
6. Minutes 17:30 - 20:00. Due diligence : important things to remember
7. Minutes 20 - 21:00. Documenting the transaction
8. Minutes 21 - 25:00. Are there any tax to consider when the purchase price is paid out over a period of time or dependent on the performance of the business after completion
9. Minutes 25 - 33:00. Documenting the transaction : indemnities & warranties
10. Minutes 33 - 36:00. Documenting the transaction : disclosure letter
11. Minutes 36 - 38:00. Documenting the transaction : other documents
12. Minutes 38 - 41:14. Summary
The articles published on this website, current at the date of publication, are for reference purposes only. They do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. Specific legal advice about your own circumstances should always be sought separately before taking any action.