Dan specialises in all aspects of employment law with a particular focus on international work and clients. He is known for commercial and responsive advice.
Dan's employer clients come from varied sectors including financial services, media, tech, fashion and pharma. He regularly advises on enforcing post-termination restrictions, preventing employees from using confidential information, strategic employment law issues and reorganisations.
On the employee side, Dan advises executives mainly from the financial, legal and media sectors on contracts and exits as well as bonus, whistleblowing and discrimination claims.
His recent case-load includes:
- defending two multinational employers in complicated whistleblowing claims brought by overseas employees in the Employment Tribunal;
- acting in various High Court proceedings relating to misuse of confidential information and breaches of restrictive covenants; and
- litigating to help an employee to recover an unpaid discretionary bonus.
Dan also takes a lead role in Doyle Clayton’s membership of ELLINT, the network of international law firms. He is fluent in French, studied law at a French university and worked at the Council of Europe in Strasbourg.
He has written for a number of publications including The Times and several HR magazines.
“Dan is thorough, extremely bright, our ‘fight’ became his ‘fight’ & he had at all times our best interests at heart. He is a superb solicitor, always thinks like a business person, and put our case in a position where we received the results for which we bargained."
General Counsel, international insurance brokers
- Employment Lawyers’ Association
- European Employment Lawyers’ Association