Workplace Investigations: Top 7 questions answered
Webinar: Workplace Investigations
When faced with employee disciplinary matters, sensitive or complex employee complaints, or instances where someone has “blown the whistle”, it’s vital to establish the facts, investigate properly and reach a fair decision.
Join our experts Naomi and Rose as they answer 7 key questions about workplace investigation.
Questions answered include (timings in bold):
1. 0:00 When should an employer carry out a workplace investigation?
2. 3:30 Why may it help to have an external agency carry out the workplace investigation?
3. 7:21 What should and should not be part of the investigation?
4. 11:30 Should the person who is being investigated be suspended while the investigation is being carried out?
5. 13:13 Can witness interviews be kept confidential?
6. 18:37 Can we record interviews?
7. 22:53 Do investigations benefit from legal advice privilege?
Listen to our webinar as a podcast here
Our Workplace Investigations Team
Our workplace investigations team is led by Tina Wisener. She regularly conducts independent workplace investigations and reviews for employers into complex, sensitive and high profile employment issues. Recent investigations have involved allegations of bullying, sexual harassment and other forms of harassment at senior level.
The articles published on this website, current at the date of publication, are for reference purposes only. They do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. Specific legal advice about your own circumstances should always be sought separately before taking any action.