SEN for schools | Supporting pupils with special educational needs & avoiding common pitfalls
In the first of our education webinar series we focus on SEN for schools. Using a case study as a real-life example, we cover the key areas of:
- The basics of special educational needs and disability (SEND)
- SEND law, processes and procedures - what they mean for your school
- SEND and exclusion
For schools and further education colleges in the independent and state sector, the webinar will enable them to:
- Find and use the law and statutory guidance about SEN, disabilities and exclusions
- Understand the education, health and care (EHC) assessment and planning procedure
- Recognise where exclusion is an option and the risks of excluding
- Understand the duties of the school and the local authority to pupils with SEN
We also share top tips and strategies to help navigate common pitfalls and provide practical support to school staff, and schools to work collaboratively with local authorities, the clinical commissioning group, parents and pupils.
The information given in this webinar on 15 October 2020 is for reference purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. Specific legal advice about your own circumstances should always be sought separately before taking any action.
The articles published on this website, current at the date of publication, are for reference purposes only. They do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. Specific legal advice about your own circumstances should always be sought separately before taking any action.