Shared Parental Leave and Pay: Employers’ Technical Guide Published
The Government has published a technical guide to shared parental leave and pay which is aimed at employers.
The guidance contains:
- a summary of the new rights;
- an explanation of how the shared parental leave and pay system works;
- details of eligibility criteria;
- an explanation of how to end maternity or adoption leave or pay in order to enter the shared parental leave system;
- details of how shared parental leave and pay can be taken;
- details of arrangements for “booking” shared parental leave and pay;
- information about changing shared parental leave plans; and
- a set of Frequently Asked Questions.
Shared parental leave and pay will be available in respect of babies due to be born or placed for adoption on or after 5 April 2015.
The Employers’ Technical Guide to Shared Parental Leave and Pay can be viewed here.
The latest guidance supplements the more basic guidance issued in August.
The articles published on this website, current at the date of publication, are for reference purposes only. They do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. Specific legal advice about your own circumstances should always be sought separately before taking any action.