National Minimum Wage 1 April increases
The Government has accepted the Low Pay Commission’s recommendations and announced the National Living Wage and National Minimum Wage rates which will come into force from 1 April 2021.
The new rates will be:
- Age 23 or over (National Living Wage rate): £8.91 (up from £8.72)
- Age 21 to 22: £8.36 (up £8.20)
- Age 18 to 20: £6.56 (up from £6.45)
- Age 16 to 17: £4.62 (up from £4.55)
- Apprentice rate: £4.30 (up from £4.15)
The accommodation offset will increase to £8.36 per week (up from £8.20).
The articles published on this website, current at the date of publication, are for reference purposes only. They do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. Specific legal advice about your own circumstances should always be sought separately before taking any action.