Mines Regulations 2014
The Mines Regulations 2014 came into force on 6 April 2015, and replace all previous health and safety mining laws. There is also new guidance (L149) on the Mines Regulations 2014.
The Approved Codes of Practice (listed below) which supported the previous law have now been withdrawn.
- L128 – The use of electricity in mines
- COP28 – Safety of exit from mines underground workings
- L42 – Shafts and winding in mines
- L45 – Explosives at coal and other safety-lamp mines
- L46 –The prevention of inrushes in mines
- L71 – Escape and rescue from mines
- L119 – The control of ground movement in mines
- L145 – Control of inhalable dust in coal mines
- L44 – The management and administration of safety and health in mines
However, L43, First Aid at mines, will remain in force.
This guidance now applies and is for anyone who has duties under the Mines Regulations 2014, primarily mine operators. It will also be useful for others in the mine management structure, safety representatives and representatives of employee safety.
Then guidance can be found on the HSE website.
The articles published on this website, current at the date of publication, are for reference purposes only. They do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. Specific legal advice about your own circumstances should always be sought separately before taking any action.