Acas Guidance on Managing Bereavement in the Workplace
Acas has published guidance for employers on managing bereavement in the workplace.
The guidance contains:
- An outline of current laws which may impact on this area, including allowing employees to have “reasonable” time off to deal with an emergency, which includes a bereavement involving a dependant;
- Good practice guidance when managing bereavement in the workplace;
- A sample bereavement policy;
- Advice on avoiding discrimination and addressing bullying; and
- A set of Frequently Asked Questions.
The guidance has been compiled in conjunction with Cruse Bereavement Care, the UK’s largest bereavement charity and can be viewed on the Acas website.
The articles published on this website, current at the date of publication, are for reference purposes only. They do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. Specific legal advice about your own circumstances should always be sought separately before taking any action.