Diversity & Inclusion
Doyle Clayton is dedicated to encouraging a supportive and inclusive culture amongst the whole workforce. Our Employee Ownership Trust which owns the majority of the shares in our business is a strong example of a diverse workforce having a strong economic interest. It is also a strong example of inclusion as every employee with at least 12 months service is a trust member or beneficiary.
We shall always recruit or promote or treat the workforce based on talent and ability to fulfil the needs of the business. We shall always aim to eliminate discrimination in the workplace.
Our aim is to ensure that all employees and job applicants are given equal opportunity. We shall draw upon recruiting and promoting talent and ability from all sections of society.
This policy reinforces our commitment to providing equality of opportunity and fairness to all in our employment and not provide less favourable facilities or treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, or sex and sexual orientation. We are opposed to all forms of unlawful discrimination.
All employees, no matter whether they are part-time, full-time, or temporary, will be treated fairly and with respect. When Doyle Clayton selects candidates for employment, promotion, training, or any other benefit, it will be on the basis of their aptitude and ability.
All employees will be given help and encouragement to develop their full potential and utilise their unique talents.
Doyle Clayton commitments:
- To create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all team members are recognised and valued.
- To create a working environment that promotes dignity and respect for every employee.
- To not tolerate any form of intimidation, bullying, or harassment, and to discipline those that breach this policy.
- To make training, development, and progression opportunities available to all staff.
- To promote equality or opportunity in the workplace, which Doyle Clayton believes is good management practice and makes sound business sense.
- To encourage anyone who feels they have been subjected to discrimination to raise their concerns so we can apply corrective measures.
- To encourage employees to treat everyone with dignity and respect.
- To regularly review all our employment practices and procedures so that fairness is maintained at all times.
Doyle Clayton will inform all employees that a Diversity and Inclusion policy is in operation and that they are obligated to comply with its requirements and promote fairness in the workplace.
Our policy will be monitored and reviewed to ensure that equality of opportunity is continually promoted in the workplace.
As a firm regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) we are obliged to collect and report on our workforce diversity data.
A survey of all Doyle Clayton staff, of which there were 70 at the time of the survey, was carried out in July 2021 and the data summarised.
If you wish to view a copy of our summarised diversity data, please contact Karen Williams on +44 (0)207 329 9090 or email@example.com