Share Schemes, Options & Incentives
Motivating and retaining key employees
We work on employee incentives. Loyal employees, working towards your business objectives, are crucial. They're good for your organisation and good for your clients.
Keeping your employees' satisfaction, motivation and morale high can be a challenge. But a good employee share incentive scheme, linked to the long-term success of the business, can go a long way to meeting the challenge. And we’re here to help. We provide full support and guidance in all areas of share-based compensation, whether you're a start-up, an established private company, or a listed entity.
Comprehensive yet tailored
Our employee share incentives experts can help you create the right scheme for your business, advising on all types of share plans, incentives arrangements and remuneration issues. We'll guide you through all the relevant tax, corporate governance, employment law and regulatory issues. Plus, we can create a tax-efficient scheme for your business, whether in the UK, overseas or globally, and then help you run it. And if you need it, we can offer independent advice to management teams negotiating salary terms and benefits.
Our work includes:
- executive and employee incentives plans, including long-term incentive plans (LTIPs), option plans, deferred bonuses and cash incentives, local tax advantaged or qualifying plans, including Enterprise Management Incentives
- drafting all the documents you need
- advice on bespoke arrangements for recruiting, retaining and incentivising key employees and consultants, and associated shareholder issues
- independent advice to management, especially in private-equity-backed takeovers
- advice on tax and social security liabilities of different award structures
- supporting the operation of plans, including the use of trusts and other structures for awarding shares
- advice on corporate governance, regulatory and shareholder issues affecting remuneration schemes, including in financial services firms, hedge funds and insurance companies
- advice on residual share rights held by former employees, helping employees and employers in negotiations
- managing legal, regulatory and tax advice on international share plans
- advising on the impact of corporate transactions on incentives plans.
Our team is led by Euan Fergusson, who’s specialised in equity-based compensation since 1999.