We publish a termly Education Bulletin covering news and topics of interest to schools and colleges. The Bulletin covers upcoming changes in the law, a summary of relevant cases plus a safeguarding update to make sure schools and colleges are kept up to date on the key legal issues that may affect them.
You can access the Bulletins below.
Education Bulletin: Autumn 2018
This edition includes:
- Details of our Immigration Masterclass at which the Education Team will be speaking about key Tier 4 issues
- Simon Henthorn's letter to the Times regarding the lawfulness of Oxford University's mandatory retirement age
- Whistleblowing - guidance on how factually specific a disclosure needs to be to afford whistleblower protection
- Discrimination arising disability - school liable despite not knowing misconduct due to illness
- Part-time working discrimination - zero hours lecturer could complain that he had been treated less favourably than a full-time lecturer who did not have the option of refusing work
- Details of the updated safeguarding guidance and key actions schools and colleges should take in light of the changes
Click here to download your copy.
The articles published on this website, current at the date of publication, are for reference purposes only. They do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. Specific legal advice about your own circumstances should always be sought separately before taking any action.