We publish a termly Education Bulletin covering news and topics of interest to schools and colleges. The Bulletin covers upcoming changes in the law, a summary of relevant cases plus a safeguarding update to make sure schools and colleges are kept up to date on the key legal issues that may affect them.
You can access the Bulletins below.
Education Bulletin: Spring 2019
This edition includes:
- News of our education team’s Legal 500 rankings
- Ofsted – challenging adverse reports
- Details of imminent changes regarding payslips, auto-enrolment pension contributions and the National Minimum Wage
- Disability discrimination - causation test satisfied by chain of events
- Unfair dismissal - the effect of a successful appeal on dismissal
- Resignation letters - when is a resignation not a resignation?
- Whistleblowing - individual liability for dismissals
- Unfair dismissal - implied term prevented employer dismissing employee whilst entitled to disability benefits
- Safeguarding update including mental health and behaviour in schools guidance and draft guidance on schools security.
Click here to download your copy.
The articles published on this website, current at the date of publication, are for reference purposes only. They do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. Specific legal advice about your own circumstances should always be sought separately before taking any action.