We publish a termly Education Bulletin covering news and topics of interest to schools and colleges. The Bulletin covers upcoming changes in the law, a summary of relevant cases plus a safeguarding update to make sure schools and colleges are kept up to date on the key legal issues that may affect them.
You can access the Bulletins below.
Education Bulletin: Summer Term 2019
This edition includes:
- Details of conferences our education team will be attending
- Changes to employment tribunal compensation limits and statutory rates for sick pay, maternity pay and other family leave
- An outline of future employment law reforms
- The latest position on the cap on exit payments in the public sector
- The Government’s landmark review on school exclusions
- Changes to the Tier 4 study visa
- A selection of employment law cases involving schools and colleges covering
- disciplinary suspensions and ensuring there’s no breach of the implied term of trust and confidence
- disability discrimination including following polices on reasonable adjustments, knowledge of disability and what constitutes unfavourable treatment
- religious discrimination following employee’s dismissal for cohabiting with her boyfriend and
- sexual orientation discrimination arising from a biased disciplinary process
- Safeguarding update including relationships and sex education, updates to the Governance Handbook and Brexit guidance for schools
Click here to download your copy.
The articles published on this website, current at the date of publication, are for reference purposes only. They do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. Specific legal advice about your own circumstances should always be sought separately before taking any action.