Rachel qualified as a solicitor in 2013. Prior to joining Doyle Clayton, she was a solicitor in the employment team of a leading international law firm. Rachel's previous experience includes six months working in the employee relations team of a global investment bank.
Rachel advises on all areas of contentious and non-contentious employment matters, including unfair dismissal, discrimination, TUPE and day-to-day employment issues. She advises both employees and employers across a variety of sectors including financial services, fashion and retail. Her recent experience includes:
- Advising an asset management firm on a business reorganisation;
- Acting for an employer defending claims of sex discrimination, victimisation, harassment and unfair dismissal;
- Advising on and drafting restrictive covenants for a property management company;
- Acting for an employee in relation to claims against her employer for pregnancy-related discrimination and unfair dismissal;
- Acting for an individual defending a high court claim; and
- Negotiating an exit for a senior executive.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Qualified in March 2013
- Specialist in Employment Law since 2013