Kate is a Senior Associate specialising in business immigration, based at the firm's City office.
Kate is a highly experienced UK immigration solicitor. She specialises solely in advising businesses and individuals on the broad range of applications covered by the UK Immigration Rules, including the Points Based System (PBS), plus the EEA Regulations and the EU Settlement Scheme.
Through the course of her career, Kate has advised some of the world's largest multi-nationals and successful UK businesses, across sectors including financial services, technology, oil & gas, media, manufacturing and retail on the full range of business immigration requirements and issues. Her in depth experience includes supporting clients on Tier 2 sponsorship compliance-related issues and the prevention of illegal working, which have seen her successfully challenge a large number of civil penalty notices. In addition Kate has experience in challenging Tier 2 sponsor licence suspensions.
Kate also has considerable experience in helping start-up companies with sole representative visas and sponsor licence applications, and in addition has worked with private clients on individual immigration matters throughout the course of her career. She has also provided valuable Brexit-planning advice to a number of companies and individuals during the periods of uncertainty leading up to Brexit and is currently advising clients on the proposed new immigration system.
With an enduring interest in politics, Kate has been a regular panel speaker at events on Brexit and related issues and has been involved in lobbying and government liaison work in relation to proposed changes to UK immigration law throughout the course of her career. Most recently, she was a contributing author for the Immigration Law Practitioners Association’s response to the government’s Immigration White Paper "The UK's Future Skills-Based Immigration System” published in the summer of 2019.
Client feedback includes -
- "We have used Kate for a number of years for our immigration work. She is practical, understands our business and always on hand to talk things through. Working with her has ensured that we stay ahead of the game and are able to deal with any changes quickly and before they have a significant effect on our business. She is a true partner and her ability to deal successfully with some of the most difficult and complex applications around without being phased has been a real advantage and one that sets her apart."
- "Kate is clearly very passionate about her work and in addition to really knowing her stuff on the complexities of immigration law, she was able to explain a confusing subject and process to us in terms that we understood clearly. Her help, advice and dedication at various steps in the application process have been invaluable, given us much-needed confidence and made the whole situation much less stressful – we recommend her very highly."
- "Kate has provided excellent immigration advice and help on numerous occasions on a variety of issues. She is always professional, has a real eye for detail, and doesn't baffle you with jargon. I thoroughly recommend her."
- “We have LOVED working with you!”
- "We really, really appreciated everything that you did to make things clear for us and the way that you tirelessly helped us navigate everything.”
- “The visa is approved and in my passport. We are beyond happy. Thank you for your incredible help and kindness throughout the process!”
- “I just received my passport and I have great news: I got a ten-year visa ! Thank you so much for all of your work , I’m really happy !”
- ".......great to work with, follows through to the end on everything, deals with things very effectively taking the burden from me."
Published Lexology articles include -
- Business Immigration - Brexit
- Business Immigration Update: RIP Tier 2 ICT Short Term and Other Changes from 6 April 2017
- Immigration Skills Charge Expected to Come into Force on 6 April 2017
- Business Immigration Update: Changes to the Immigration Rules Announced Today Tier 2 of the Points Based System
- Brexit: “bloody nightmare” and “bureaucratic crisis”? A UK immigration perspective
- Migration Advisory Committee’s second consultation regarding a wider review of Tier 2 now launched
- UK election 2015 - your top ten immigration questions answered
- Important immigration changes - Spring 2015
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Migration publishes report following consultation on Tier 1 post study work category closure
- Paddington Bear, the UK’s most loveable immigrant: once welcomed, now ostracised? And at what cost to us all?
- Changes to the Immigration Rules and the Registered Traveller pilot scheme
- Response to UK Home Office consultation on the prevention of illegal working
- Changes to civil penalty regime for illegal working
Experience and qualifications -
- Qualified as a solicitor in April 2009
- Specialist in UK immigration law since 2007
To meet some of Kate's immigration colleagues please click here
Some of our immigration services you may be interested in -
- Bringing foreign employees to the UK
- Employing foreign workers already in the UK
- Supporting EU/EEA employees through Brexit
- Home Office compliance and appeals
- Business restructuring - foreign employees
- UK short term business visitors
- Setting up a businesses in the UK
- Investing in the UK (entrepreneursinvestors
- UK work permits, citizenship and indefinite leave
- Studying in the UK - schools/colleges/universities and student visas
To get in touch with Kate, please phone +44 (0)20 7329 9090, email her at email@example.com or connect on LinkedIn.