Kate is a Senior Associate at our City office, specialising in business immigration.
Kate is a business immigration specialist and has spent over a decade advising businesses and individuals on the broad range of applications covered by the UK Immigration Rules, including the Points Based System (PBS). She joined Doyle Clayton in April 2019 from EY where she was a manager (solicitor) in its Global Immigration - People Advisory Service. Previous law firms she has also worked at include Squire Patton Boggs (formerly Hammonds in the UK) and Fragomen.
Through the course of her career Kate has advised some of the world's largest companies and high-street names, across business sectors including financial, technology, oil & gas, media, manufacturing and retail on the full range of business immigration issues. These include supporting clients on Tier 2 sponsorship compliance-related issues and the prevention of illegal working, which have seen her successfully challenge a number of civil penalty notices.
Kate also has considerable experience in helping start-up companies with sole representative visas and sponsor licence applications, and in addition has worked with private clients on individual immigration matters throughout the course of her career.
With an enduring interest in politics, Kate is a regular panel speaker events on Brexit and related issues and is involved in lobbying and government liaison work in relation to proposed changes to UK immigration law.
Client feedback includes -
- We have used Kate for a number of years for our immigration work. She is practical, understands our business and always on hand to talk things through. Working with her has ensured that we stay ahead of the game and are able to deal with any changes quickly and before they have a significant effect on our business. She is a true partner and her ability to deal successfully with some of the most difficult and complex applications around without being phased has been a real advantage and one that sets her apart.
- "Kate has provided excellent immigration advice and help on numerous occasions on a variety of issues. She is always professional, has a real eye for detail, and doesn't baffle you with jargon. I thoroughly recommend her."
- “We have LOVED working with you!”
- "We really, really appreciated everything that you did to make things clear for us and the way that you tirelessly helped us navigate everything.”
Published Lexology articles include -
- Business Immigration - Brexit
- Business Immigration Update: RIP Tier 2 ICT Short Term and Other Changes from 6 April 2017
- Immigration Skills Charge Expected to Come into Force on 6 April 2017
- Business Immigration Update: Changes to the Immigration Rules Announced Today Tier 2 of the Points Based System
- Brexit: “bloody nightmare” and “bureaucratic crisis”? A UK immigration perspective
- Migration Advisory Committee’s second consultation regarding a wider review of Tier 2 now launched
- UK election 2015 - your top ten immigration questions answered
- Important immigration changes - Spring 2015
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Migration publishes report following consultation on Tier 1 post study work category closure
- Paddington Bear, the UK’s most loveable immigrant: once welcomed, now ostracised? And at what cost to us all?
- Changes to the Immigration Rules and the Registered Traveller pilot scheme
- Response to UK Home Office consultation on the prevention of illegal working
- Changes to civil penalty regime for illegal working
Experience and qualifications -
- Qualified as a solicitor in April 2009
- Specialist in UK immigration law since 2007
To meet some of Kate's immigration colleagues please click here
- Bringing foreign employees to the UK
- Employing foreign workers already in the UK
- Supporting EU/EEA employees through Brexit
- Home Office compliance and appeals
- Business restructuring - foreign employees
- UK short term business visitors
- Setting up a businesses in the UK
- Investing in the UK (entrepreneursinvestors
- UK work permits, citizenship and indefinite leave
- Studying in the UK - schools/colleges/universities and student visas
To get in touch with Kate, please phone +44 (0)20 7329 9090, email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or connect on LinkedIn.