Joanne is a solicitor at our City office, specialising in business immigration.
Fluent in Cantonese and Mandarin, Joanne is an experienced immigration lawyer based in our City office. Prior to joining Doyle Clayton, she gained substantial experience in both business and private client immigration at a leading international law firm and also worked at one of the Big Four accounting firms advising multinational businesses on UK immigration.
Her main areas of work include -
- Providing strategic immigration advice and support to a broad range of organisations ranging from multinationals through to SMEs and start-ups on all applications covered by the UK Immigration Rules, particularly applications under the Points Based System (PBS) including work visas under Tier 2 (General) and Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer), and other work related visas such as off-shore workers, sea-farers and crew members.
- Advising businesses and individuals on temporary worker visas under Tier 5 of the Points Based System, including internships under Government Authorised Exchange, Creative and Sporting, Religious Workers and also under the Youth Mobility Scheme.
- Advising businesses on sponsor licence applications and advising on the ongoing compliance obligations of licensed sponsors, including renewals and audit services.
- Advising private individuals on a range of immigration issues including Tier 1 Investors, Indefinite Leave to Remain applications under various routes, including the 10 year long residence route, Spouse of a British Citizen/Settled Person, complex British nationality applications including Registration and Naturalisation, Turkish Worker applications under the ECAA Ankara agreement, and UK Ancestry visas.
- Advising EU nationals and their employers about their rights and the options available to them, in particular, queries surrounding Brexit and advising on pre-settled status and settled status applications.
Joanne has also assisted with a number of projects where she has conducted research and written representations on behalf of clients to the UK government to lobby changes and reforms to UK Immigration law.
Experience and qualifications -
- Qualified in September 2018
- Specialist in immigration law since 2013
- French (basic)
Professional memberships -
- Member of the Immigration Law Practitioners' Association
To meet some of Joanne's immigration colleagues please click here
Some of our immigration services you may be interested in -
- Bringing foreign employees to the UK
- Employing foreign workers already in the UK
- Supporting EU/EEA employees through Brexit
- Home Office compliance and appeals
- Business restructuring - foreign employees
- UK short term business visitors
- Setting up a businesses in the UK
- Investing in the UK (entrepreneursinvestors
- UK work permits, citizenship and indefinite leave
- Studying in the UK - schools/colleges/universities and student visas
To get in touch with Joanne, please phone +44 (0)20 7329 9090, email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or connect on LinkedIn.