Jennifer is a dual –qualified Solicitor who qualified in Scotland in 1998 and in England & Wales in 2006. She has specialised in Employment Law, with a focus on contentious cases since 1997. She joined Doyle Clayton in 2004 and became a Partner in 2006.
Jennifer acts for companies and senior individuals and advises on all aspects of employment law. She has particular experience in advising financial and media sector businesses as well as the legal, retail and charity sectors. She is an experienced Employment Tribunal advocate. Her main areas of interest are business reorganisations, TUPE, bonus disputes, discrimination and disputes regarding post termination restrictions. Jennifer is passionate about securing the best possible outcome for clients irrespective of the issue in play. Clients find her pragmatic, responsive and a clear communicator. Opponents find her tenacious but sensible. Common examples of work she has undertaken include, High Court litigation regarding TUPE, post termination restrictions and garden leave, advising a global business on the closure of its UK customer service function and outsourcing the function overseas and negotiating exit terms for the outgoing Chief Executive of a PLC.
“Steely but sensible.”
Legal 500 Guide 2016
Experience and Qualifications:
- Qualified in Scotland in December 1998
- Qualified in England and Wales in January 2006
- Specialist in Employment Law since 1997
- Employment Lawyers’ Association
- Committee Member of the Scottish Employment Law Group (having been Secretary of that Group for 12 years)
- London Central Employment Tribunal Users Group
- Employment Appeal Tribunal Users Group
Jennifer is also a member of the Hub, a group of specialist niche law firms.