James has more than 19 years’ experience in employment law and deals with a wide variety of employment matters for both employers and employees. He appreciates that his clients need good advice quickly in order to be able to make the best commercial decisions.
James is an experienced litigator and advocate. He conducts:
- High value cases some with complex discrimination and whistleblowing issues.
- Appeals in the EAT and the Court of Appeal.
- Litigation including injunction proceedings in the High Court and overseas.
He advises clients on -
- The appointment and exit of senior managers from SMEs to FTSE and NASDAQ listed companies
- Restrictive covenants and confidentiality clauses.
- Cases with media interest.
- Restructures and TUPE issues
- Transformation of companies into Societas Europaea (SE)
- Employment status.
- Gender pay gap reporting
James’ clients include many companies and employees in banking and financial services as well as from the retail and tech sectors.
He has published articles and podcasts on various employment related subjects in The Employment Lawyer, the New Law Journal, The Construction Specialist's Newsletter and various employment law websites.
James Anderson is "a very knowledgeable and pragmatic partner whose patience is unlimited, and who offers a superior level of support to clients." He is particularly known for his work on employment-related litigation.
Chambers & Partners Guide 2017
"James Anderson often represents clients in the Employment Tribunal. He has a wealth of experience in cases involving TUPE, discrimination and whistle-blowing concerns. Clients appreciate that "he's extremely calm, honest about my chances, and fair and helpful with regards to costs."
Chambers & Partners Guide 2016
"Calm, honest and fair"
Legal 500 Guide 2016
Experience and qualifications -
- Qualified in May 1996
- Specialist in Employment Law since 1996
Professional memberships -
- Employment Lawyers Association
- European Employment Lawyers Association
- Legal Innovation and Technology