Emma is a UK employment law specialist advising both employers and individuals.
Emma is a UK employment law specialist and joined Doyle Clayton's Reading office in 2020 from national firm Blake Morgan.
She advises both employers and individuals on the full range of employment and related issues with particular experience in the charitable, retail, construction and telecom sectors and has expertise in advising on workplace disputes, senior executive exits and negotiating settlement agreements.
A notable litigation specialist, with over a decade's experience of dealing with Employment Tribunal claims on behalf of both claimant’s and respondent’s, Emma regularly represents employers and employees in Employment Tribunals and Employment Appeal Tribunals including claims for discrimination, unfair dismissal, employment status, whistleblowing, holiday and wages claims.
In addition, Emma also advises on employment contracts, employer policies and procedures and matters relating to staff handbooks.
Recent work includes -
- Managing a complicated claim for employment status, holiday pay and unlawful deductions from wages, including the drafting of tribunal pleadings, disclosure, witness statements and the instructing of Counsel.
- Advising on claims for whistleblowing and disability discrimination, including harassment and victimisation.
- Undertaking ACAS conciliation and without prejudice negotiations on behalf of clients settling outside the Employment Tribunal.
- Ongoing day to day HR support, for multinational corporations including advising on disciplinary hearings, grievance investigations and performance management.
- Drafting employment contracts, consultancy agreements and directors’ service agreements, staff handbooks and policies for a wide range of companies, including a US IT business including updated data protection provisions regarding General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Experience and qualifications -
- Qualified as a solicitor in September 2017
- Specialist (paralegal) in employment law since 2010
Education and professional memberships -
- Bournemouth University – LLB Business Law
- Member of the Employment Lawyers Association (ELA)