Andrew is a solicitor in the City team with specific experience of negotiating settlement agreements, advising on redundancy, unfair dismissal, discrimination, bonuses, restrictive covenants and share schemes. Since 2010, Andrew has practiced a large volume of high value litigation in the Employment Tribunal and High Court.
Andrew graduated in September 2009 with a first class law degree and completed his Legal Practice Course at the College of Law in Moorgate London, before commencing work as an employment law paralegal in late 2010 at a top tier international law firm. Andrew then moved into commercial litigation for two years as a senior paralegal before training as a solicitor in 2014.
As a paralegal and trainee solicitor practicing both employment law and commercial litigation, Andrew gained invaluable experience in Employment Tribunal, High Court and Court of Appeal litigation. For over a year, Andrew worked on a major bonus pool case involving investment bankers and Germany’s second largest investment bank.
Since then, Andrew has amassed nearly three years post-qualification experience working at Doyle Clayton, working with senior employees, directors and shareholders, business owners and small to medium sized companies
Andrew's recent experience:
- Managing a whistleblowing claim made by a senior executive who had alleged that he had made protected disclosures to the CEO of a private bank in Mayfair. The individual Andrew acted for had unvested share options worth £3million which he was claiming compensation for.
- Advising several individuals who had resigned from one insurance brokerage to join another competitor insurance brokerage. The individuals Andrew advised had become subject to interim injunction proceedings and subsequently, High Court proceedings, since they were alleged to have formed a team move. The claim asserted was for dishonesty and conspiracy to injure. The case was reported in all major insurance publications including the Insurance Insider and Insurance Age as well as the Evening Standard, the Guardian and the Telegraph.
- Drafting employment contracts, commission scheme documentation, staff handbooks and employee policies and procedures for a wide range of small and medium sized companies, including: a boutique fashion brand based in Mayfair, a recruitment consultancy based in Moorgate, a property lettings company in Kensington and a paper manufacturer in Westminster.
- Conducting litigation relating to employee team moves, post termination restrictions and High Court injunctions.
- Representing employers and employees in employment tribunal proceedings, focussing on unfair dismissal, redundancy, discrimination, whistleblowing, share and bonus disputes;
- Seeking the recovery of debts arising from a breach of contract (such as unpaid contractor fees and unpaid commission) in the County Court and Small Claims Court, whilst also defending similar claims; and
- Drafting workplace documents for small and medium sized companies, including employment contracts, workplace policies, grievance and disciplinary policies.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Qualified in September 2016
- Specialist in Employment Law since 2016
- Employment Lawyers' Association
- London Young Lawyers Group