Andrew is a solicitor in the City team with specific experience of negotiating settlement agreements, advising on redundancy, unfair dismissal, discrimination, bonuses, restrictive covenants and share schemes. Since 2010, Andrew has practised a large volume of high value litigation in the Employment Tribunal and High Court.
Andrew is a solicitor in the firm’s City team (St Pauls/Bank station). He specialises in negotiating settlement agreements, whilst he often advises individuals on redundancy, unfair dismissal, discrimination (sex, race and disability), bonuses, breaches of contract, team moves and post-termination restrictions.
Andrew regularly assists employers with amending and updating employment contracts, commission schemes, employee handbooks and workplace policies. He also advises employers on conducting redundancies and other dismissals, as well as on hearing grievances, dealing with disabilities at work and making bonus awards.
Since 2010, Andrew has spent much of his time managing high value litigation in the Employment Tribunal, High Court and Court of Appeal. He joined Doyle Clayton in 2016 to advise directors, senior employees, shareholders and companies, having spent the previous six years at Mishcon de Reya, Stewarts Law and Howard Kennedy.
Prior to practising law, Andrew graduated with a first class law degree and completed his Legal Practice Course at the College of Law in Moorgate, London.
Andrew’s expertise -
- Advising on settlement agreements for individuals and employers, with particular experience in financial services, insurance, oil and gas, retail and tech.
- Representing employers and employees in employment tribunal and High Court proceedings, focussing on unfair dismissal, redundancy, discrimination, whistleblowing, team moves, share and bonus disputes.
- Pursuing and defending High Court injunctions (often on an urgent basis) following an employee’s alleged breach of post-termination restrictions.
- Seeking the recovery of debts arising from breaches of contract (such as unpaid contractor fees and unpaid commission) in the County Court and Small Claims Court, whilst also defending similar claims.
- Drafting workplace documents for companies, including employment contracts, workplace policies, grievance and disciplinary policies.
Andrew's recent experience -
- Managing a whistleblowing claim made by a senior executive who alleged he had made protected disclosures to the CEO of a private bank in Mayfair. The individual Andrew advised had unvested share options worth £3 million which he was claiming compensation for.
- Advising several individuals who had resigned from one insurance brokerage to join a direct competitor. The individuals were subject to interim injunction proceedings and then High Court proceedings, after their former employer alleged they had formed a team move in breach of their restrictive covenants. The case was reported in all major insurance publications including the Insurance Insider and Insurance Age as well as the Evening Standard, the Guardian and the Telegraph.
- Drafting employment contracts, commission scheme documentation, staff handbooks and employee policies for a wide range of companies, including a Mayfair boutique fashion brand, a Moorgate recruitment consultancy, a Kensington property lettings company and a Westminster based paper manufacturer.
Experience and qualifications -
- Qualified in September 2016
- Specialist in Employment Law since 2016
Professional memberships -
- Employment Lawyers Association (ELA)
- London Young Lawyers Group