Andrew is a solicitor in the City team with specific experience of negotiating settlement agreements, advising on redundancy, unfair dismissal, discrimination, bonuses, restrictive covenants and share schemes. Since 2010, Andrew has practiced a large volume of litigation in the Employment Tribunal and High Court.
Andrew graduated in September 2009 with first class honours in LLB Law and completed his Legal Practice Course at the College of Law in Moorgate London, before commencing work as an employment law paralegal in late 2010 at a top tier international law firm. Andrew then moved into commercial litigation for two years as a Senior Paralegal before training as a Solicitor in 2014.
As a Paralegal and Trainee Solicitor practicing both employment law and commercial litigation, Andrew gained invaluable experience in Employment Tribunal, High Court and Court of Appeal litigation. For over a year, Andrew worked on a major bonus pool case involving investment bankers and Germany’s second largest investment bank.
Andrew’s expertise includes:
- Advising on settlement agreements for individuals and employers, with particular experience in the financial services, insurance, oil & gas, retail and tech industries;
- Conducting litigation relating to employee team moves, post termination restrictions and High Court injunctions;
- Representing employers and employees in employment tribunal claims and defences, focussing on unfair dismissal, redundancy, discrimination, whistleblowing, share and bonus disputes; and
- Drafting workplace documents for small and medium sized companies (particularly start-ups), including employment contracts, workplace policies, grievance and disciplinary policies.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Qualified in September 2016
- Specialist in Employment Law since 2016
Employment Lawyers' Association
London Young Lawyers Group