Restrictive Covenants,Team Moves and Injunctions
The departure of a valued team of employees can often raise sensitive and complex legal issues which need to be tackled urgently. We have extensive experience advising employers in situations involving restrictive covenants, team moves and injunctions. We advise employers who are recruiting a team from a competitor as well as those who are seeking protection and/or damages in the Courts where a team has moved to a competitor.
Our experienced employment lawyers can assist clients reviewing contracts and advise on the most appropriate response to the departure of a team or an individual.
In contentious situations, we will also make or respond to Court applications seeking to obtain or to resist injunctions at short notice.
Recent cases include:
- acting for an insurer in response to defection of a team of salesmen. We obtained wide ranging injunctions against the team which were upheld by the Court of Appeal;
- acting for a team of insurance brokers accused of removing and misusing confidential information in breach of their obligations by a previous employer;
- acting for a recruitment organisation following allegations made by a competitor against our client for inducing a breach of contract by the competitor’s former employer; and
- representing a broker in a move of over 20 employees across the globe between two competing broking houses. The case involved proceedings in both the US and the UK and a number of anti-suit injunctions.
We offer advice on:
- responding to the departure of a team or an individual;
- recruiting individuals or a team from a competitor;
- enforcing contractual obligations before the Courts;
- enforceability of restrictive covenants;
- confidentiality provisions;
- the range of injunctions available including springboard relief;
- contempt of court proceedings;
- the use of Forensic IT specialists; and
- terms of negotiated exits.
Why use Doyle Clayton?
In addition to repeat instructions from existing clients, we are often referred work by other law firms and, since we offer high quality employment law advice to both employers and individuals, we are able to see the bigger picture. Understanding how both sides think provides us with a tactical advantage and helps to ensure that the whole process runs smoothly for our clients.
We are well known for our readiness to act out of hours and at short notice which is crucial when an injunction is required to prevent a team or an individual from damaging an employer’s business.
If you have an urgent matter you wish to discuss please complete the form on the left of the page or for more information contact
Peter De Maria or
Peter Doyle on 020 7329 9090